Welcome to the Boston Healthy Homes and Schools Colalborative (BHHSC) website!
In Fall 2010, the Lead Action Collaborative (LAC) and Boston Urban Asthma Coalition (BUAC) undertook a strategic planning process and merged into Boston Healthy Homes and Schools Collaborative. BHHSC is a program in Health Resources in Action and conducts its work by focusing on health conditions directly related to environmental hazards – specifically asthma and lead poisoning. BHHSC’s membership includes community-based organizations, public agencies, businesses, community development corporations, and local residents.
Our mission is to promote healthy homes, schools, and childcare centers in Boston, and enhance the well-being of individuals who learn, live, and work in them.
Use our website to:
- Complete our quiz to see what resources you qualify for to aid in the cost of deleading!
- Find information about our current efforts toward making Boston homes and schools healthier, greener, and safer
- Research information about healthy homes, asthma, lead poisoning, and environmental tobacco smoke
- Discover what you can do to protect health
- Check our calendar for upcoming events
Be sure to check us out on Facebook for news stories, events, webinars, photos, videos, tips/facts, and more!